18 November 2012

lucid dreamers that never wake up


I went to sleep for days under the warm summer sun
And woke up looking like a gingerbread man
When the earth rattles beneath my feet
I know that someone is angry
I’m sorry, I won’t make a sound.


There’s always a place that life can find me
I am never too far away
Under a million city lights
I read the poetry in the sky
Retell the stories of a hundred years
I can see a large spoon cutout in the clouds
Can it hold my weight?


Let us live among the abstract shapes
Should the earth bring me down
I would gladly accompany the ground
Why work when we can play?
Why stay when we can change?
I hope you will write your way to me
With words neither modest nor insipid
I dream a dream that you will follow
As eighty-thousand cross the sea
I went to sleep that summer but I never closed my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment