18 November 2012

John only believes in "me"

I want to be where the green grass grows
Lay around singing songs everyone knows
I want to be higher than the sky with you
Talk about the days to come
Our dreams, our hopes, and the incessant lies we tell ourselves
But we are all narcissistic and we all think that we are better than we are
Sometimes it’s better to just lie here and contemplate the clouds
And drink one too many beers and pass out in each other’s arms

Maybe one day, we’ll go our separate ways
But all I can think about right now is touching your perfect hair
And answering the beatniks
I’m making it a point to come to you
No one said it wasn’t fucking crazy
But how we both ended up here is serendipitous almost
And I don’t really believe in fate
I just believe that we get the things done that really matter to us
I just believe in John

Who screamed "the dream is over"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment