25 March 2013

"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."


Mark Twain said it. I am 27 years old today, neither old or young. In this past year, I have had the most amazing experiences and learned many life lessons. I travelled to many places and had many 24-hour friendships. Many of the people that you meet on your travels are people you will never see again in your life but for the time you are there and they are there, you have a shared experience. And every shared experience, long or short, enriches your life. I hunger to see more, experience more and LIVE more. 

Then there was studying for and completing my MA degree which more than a piece of paper signifying accomplishment has showed me how little I know about the world, which I am the most grateful for. I learned so much and realize I have so much more to learn and that politics is just a reflection of human nature when it all comes down to it. It is the insecurity that we feel about ourselves multiplied onto a grand scale and reflected in policy-making. Now that is insane. 

And finally, when you have no expectations, the most unexpected and wonderful things can happen. And when they do, it is so embedded in us to channel our pragmatism and say that it can't be but if you let yourself dream, maybe dreams do come true. The best thing about 26 was meeting Honza, the sweet Czech boy who made my fairytales a reality. But once that reality sets in, so do other realities and complications. We fought and continue fighting for us. He showed me my strength and bravery and I realize that if I wanted something, I would have to fight. I am here now, home. Home with my love, my everything...the one who dared to dream big. I want to continue my adventures this year and now, I have the perfect companion for it. 

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment