24 November 2012

teach me how to fly to "nebe"

you stepped out of my dream
and said, "hello darling, what's your name?"
we floated all around the city streets
kissed hard on random corners, bridges, store fronts
on that balcony in the morning
me wrapped in a blanket
watching you smoke your cigarette
and you asked me about my favorite LDR song
and you played me "summertime sadness"
and whispered in my ear, "kiss me hard before you go"
there was always something a little tragic about that theme
coming and leaving, hellos and goodbyes

one night you saw the birds on my back
and i said "one is okay but two is better"
every pilot needs a co-pilot
every girl needs a partner in crime
and curiously you asked
"who is the other bird?"
but i didn't know
because i hadn't found him yet
and you took my tiny hands 
and said, "let me be the other bird"
let us fly into the unknown
our hearts beating fast
and scared shitless
but with all the courage that love demands
shaking, i said, "okay, let's go"

No comments:

Post a Comment