19 November 2012

a little bit of courage goes a long way

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" ~ Nelson Mandela
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your hear and intuition" ~ Steve Jobs 
"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are" ~ e.e cummings
 <3---<3---<3---<3---<3
My decisions may not always be right but I am not willing to be ruled by fear. I will only be a stronger person if I can look fear in the eye and not back down. It is difficult and unpleasant and I will have to step out of my comfort zone and maybe even cause some anger, sadness and resentment but the alternative is regret, boredom and imprisonment of the soul.  I choose to fly. The bird can no longer be stuck in her little cage. I breathe a sigh of relief now. 
 "Be like the bird that, passing on her flight awhile on boughs too slight, feels them give way beneath her, and yet sings, knowing that she hath wings."  ~ Victor Hugo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment